Cheshire Autism Practical Support Ltd.
ChAPS training and workshops are free for parents to attend and cover topics like Challenging Behaviour, Sensory Processing Disorder, First Aid, Pathological Demand Avoidance, Autism Awareness, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Mindfulness, Play Therapy, Anxiety, Transitions and many more.
Please do let us know about your EVENT if you would like it to be advertised – use the CONTACT US page, thank you.
ChAPS provides over 80 ACTIVITIES every month!
Regular weekly, fortnightly and monthly sessions like Kidz Clubs, Youth Clubs, Anti Gravity Yoga, Trampolining, Horse Riding, Swimming, Multi Sports, Circus Skills, Animal Therapy, Gym with Music, Incredible Edible gardening, Play Barn, Ice Skating.
These are FREE for our Members and membership subs are £5 a month minimum donation per family payable by standing order. To join, please complete the APPLICATION FORM from the MEMBERS section.
Providing our unique ATTENTION CARD system working in partnership with Cheshire and Merseyside emergency services.
Detailing the person with autism’s difficulties on the intelligence data systems. Recognised as good practice by The Home Office.
An Application Form is available to download and the ATTENTION CARD and Autism Code Keyring are FREE to anyone with a medical diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition.
You don’t need a diagnosis to be a member of ChAPS and we cover the whole of Cheshire.
Improving outcomes for everyone in your family – helping you manage behaviours and cope. Inspiring families to achieve more.
ChAPS was started in April 2010 by three parents who all have children on the spectrum. In 2013 we became a limited company and registered charity. We work very hard to provide what we do because we know how important you find the information and services available, they are essential to the future wellbeing of your children.
Cheshire Autism Practical Support
- Monthly parents meetings.
- Positive parenting courses helping with behaviour, anxiety etc.
- Activities for children, young people and adults on the spectrum.
- Facebook groups for support, signposting and advice.
- Intensive social skills classes for children.
- Mindfulness courses increasing wellbeing for parents and children.
- Advocacy to help you obtain your legal rights.
- Website full of information for parents and professionals.
- Social events for adults on the spectrum.
- Counselling for parents and people on the spectrum.
- Employability qualifications.
- Attention Card and Autism Code Keyring.
- Lego and Play Therapy for children on the spectrum.
- Social skills and independence training for adults.
Inspiring families to achieve more
Charity Registration No.1149624 Company No.08262460
© 2018 Cheshire Autism. All rights reserved. / Design & Developed by PD Design Widnes